Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Babassu Oil

Apparently, Babassu Oil is Brazilian beauty secret that I was unaware of. Brazilian women have been using this oil for years to maintain their youthful skin. Well, I'm thinking about what this oil will do for my hair.

Here is what I read: Babassu oil has very similar properties to Coconut Oil. Babassu oil is about 70% lipid and is very emollient. It will help with eczema and other dry skin conditions. Like all vegetable oils, it contains vitamins and minerals that will positively effect your hair. It forms a covering over hair and skin that will protect it from moisture loss. Best of all, its cheaper than coconut oil.

Here are my personal observations: Babassu Oil is solid like Coconut Oil. In fact, if it wasn't for the scent differences... I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It penetrates quickly and does not leave a greasy film. It will also impart a nice shine on your hair.

My favorite part of this oil is that it delivers the feel of coconut oil, but is cheaper.

I'm looking forward to adding this to my butter mixture.

1 comment:

  1. Cheaper than coconut oil yet just as good. Definitely interested. I think I will look more into this oil :).

    ReplyDelete