Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MY HAIR REGIMEN

Many people on the hair communities pm (personal message) me and ask me about my regimen. I don't have a fotki, but I would really love to start documenting my hair journey so I am starting this blog to do just that. I'd also like to share some of my finds with you guys.
Well, here goes...I wash and deep condition my hair twice a week or every 3 to 4 days. I never wash and not deep condition.
I very rarely use protein conditioners ... only as needed or the wash right before my relaxer.
After I condition, I use a moisturizer/leave in conditioner or my homemade spray to moisturize my hair.
Then I'll rollerset or simply air dry.... depending on how lazy I am.
Between washes, I keep my hair well oiled. I don't always moisturize with a water based moisturizer, but I always use natural oils on my hair. Some of my favorite oils are coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil and castor oil.
I typically wear my hair in a bun to protect my ends, especially now in the winter time.
I usually stretch my relaxers for about 12 weeks, this time I am going to about 16 weeks because I'm trying to hold out until my birthday.
I trim my hair every 6 months.
Feel free to send me a message at texturedtresses@gmail.com if you have any questions about my regimen or your regimen. I love talking about hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment